(My notes from Dr. Oli Wenker Workshop @ YL Convention 2017)
These are some notes that I took while attending a class this summer on Brain Health and the gut connection. It’s going to be simple bullet points for you so that I avoid putting my spin on a subject that I am not a professional on — 😉
• The brain works with a mixture of electrical and chemical signals.
• Neuro-Transmitters are made in the gut. When your gut isn’t working, your brain will be missing what it needs to function properly.
• Gut difference is what makes the most difference between people.
• You are 99% microbial – therefore, using chemicals topically or internally destroys your genetic information.
• 70-75% of you immune system sits in your gut.
• People in MOON SUITS farm many of our crops, because what they are putting on our food is SO TOXIC.
• You are exposed to at least 380 chemicals everyday. You are eating stuff everyday that is killing you and your genetic code.
• When a child is treated with 1 week of antibiotics, it increases their chance of getting Alzheimer’s by 4 times.
• Your microbial system is NOT recovered even 6 months after antibiotics, and has been shown to not be fully recovered in some people even after 10 years.
• Your hippocampus is in charge of emotions, memory, inhibitions and balance.
• You can create a new brain. It is regulated by your microbes…Change your food by removing round-up/chemicals, and eat probiotics. If you eat bad stuff, you will shrink your hippocampus.
• Exercise increases the size of your hippocampus.
• To provide more balance between male/females, use more emotional essential oils on men, and more logical essential oils on women.
• It takes 3 seconds for your brain to react to essential oils.
• Oils that stimulate the left (logical) side of your brain are: Peppermint, Lemon, Rosemary, Cloves, Cinnamon Bark, Thieves
• Oils that simulate the right (more emotional) side of your brain: Lavender, cedarwoord, StressAway, Lime, Frainkincense, Copiaba.
My personal summary: Use therapeutic grade essential oils every single day, multiple times per day, eat CLEAN, use clean supplements, and take your probiotics.