Butter Honey Cornbread
- 1 Cup Fresh Ground Cornmeal or Flour Fresh ground is ideal, but if you don't have a grinder, you can use a whole grain flour.
- 1 Cup Fresh Ground Spelt or Einkorn Fresh ground is ideal, but if you don't have a grinder, you can use a whole grain flour.
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/2 Cup Melted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Raw Honey
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/4 Cup Buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 375 and butter a large cast iron pan.Â
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients until smooth and well combined.Â
- Make a well in the center and add the remaining ingredients then stir to incorporate.Â Stir gently so you donâ€™t over mix, but make sure all is blended together.Â
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes. Serve warm with more butter and honey!
Yummm!!!Â It has turned full on fall here with cooler days and downright cold nights.Â We are keeping a fire going most of the time and pulling out the sweaters that had been shoved to the back of the dresser.Â In fact, it’s perfect weather for big pots of chili and delicious cornbread.
Unfortunately, chili isn’t something I have yet mastered.Â Yesterday I made a pot that was pretty good–even if I do say so myself.Â But it was mostly due to the can of salsa that I added.Â Even if I’m not great at making chili, I have found a yummy cornbread recipe that is more of a “whole” food.
What do I mean by “Whole food”?Â Simply that it has whole, or “God-Made” ingredients in it.Â It does not have a lot of sugar or white flour.Â It truly tastes fabulous!
Pull out your aprons and let’s do some baking today!
Now, if you have an amazing chili recipe, questions or want to share your thoughts, post it in the comments below!
Freedom Releaser 🗽| Self-Sufficient Living ⛰| Naturally Prepared Sisterhood ⛺️| Homeschooling Momma🏆| Certified Aromatherapist 🌱| Christian ✝️|