Ancient Grain Hamburger Buns
- 4 Cups Warm Water
- 1 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 3/4 Cup Instant Mashed Potatoes or real mashed potatoes
- 6 Tbsp Saf Yeast yes, tablespoons
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 8+ Cups Flour (I use a mix of Spelt & Einkorn)
- Mix water, oil, honey, mashed potatoes and yeast in a large bowl or stand mixer. Allow to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, plus enough flour to make a firm dough. It's better to be too firm than too soft. Allow to rise until doubled.
- Roll out to half the desired thickness of finished bun. Cut into rounds using a cookies cutter, biscuit cutter, measuring cup etc.. whatever size you want your buns
- Place on greased cookie sheets and allow to rise 10-15 minutes.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. Cool, slice and enjoy a juice hamburger! Also makes great sandwich buns.
Freedom Releaser 🗽| Self-Sufficient Living ⛰| Prepper Sisterhood ⛺️| Homeschooling Momma🏆| Certified Aromatherapist 🌱| Christian ✝️|Foraging Wild Medicine & Food