Everything you need to know about Einkorn Sourdough!
— How to make your starter from scratch.
— Where to get Einkorn flour.
— Making your first sourdough loaf.
— Maintaining your starter.
— Why Einkorn is good for your gut.
— Delicious variations for your sourdough loaves.
— And more!!!!
To prep for the class, order your basic white einkorn flour here: https://jovialfoods.com/organic-einkorn-all-purpose-flour-10lb/
Look out your window…What do you see in your backyard?
- Liver support?
- Immune system support?
It’s there in the most simple and seemingly mundane plants.
Grab your notebook and listen in on this discussion with Herbalist Ashley Glassman about what plants you can harvest and prepare for your natural medicine cabinet right from your own backyard.
Herbalist & Aromatherapist
Ashley Glassman is an herbalist and aromatherapist with decades of experience dating all the way back to her ancestors. She is a true alchemist at her core.
The things she’ll share with us are a culmination of her personal experiences, traditional uses, and folklore of plants, as well as what scientific studies are telling us about herbs, essential oils, and natural healing modalities.
If you are ready to leave behind the masses of erroneous information found online, want to get to the root cause of what ails you, or are just ready to learn more about how you can make your own herbal medicines, then you are going to LOVE what how Ashley serves humanity and the things she is going to share today!
Have you ever used a plant-based remedy for a symptom, because it worked for someone else, or because the book said it would work, only to have it not work at all?
In the western mindset, we tend to see herbs, oils, and natural remedies through a lense of: “I have this symptom, what will take it away?” But matching essential oils to people isn’t about symptoms in the way we have been taught. It’s a simple and beautiful art.
al·che·my | \ ˈal-kə-mē \
Definition of alchemy
2 : a power or process that changes or transforms something in a mysterious or impressive way
Welcome to the Alchemy of Essential Oils!
Join me as we unearth a new way of matching oils to people through a process of looking at the whole person and the whole plant.
We’ve been trained to choose oils based on a single issue we want to support, but we’re so much more than a single issue– we’re complex beautiful creations.
Get instant access to more than 15 beautiful PDF’s you can download and print.
“Marketing a business without manipulation is actually extremely easy…Much easier in fact, then learning how to weasel money out of people with unethical practices. All you have to do is be the best version of yourself.
If you sell a product that people need, there is no shame in sharing it with people. Whether it’s rubber stamps for crafters, clothing for women, pots and pans or wellness products – as long as it’s a legitimate product, there is someone out there that needs it and/or wants it. Your job is to advertise and share it with people.
Manipulation free marketing is basically a two-step process no matter what kind of advertisement you’re running. Let’s go over these two foundational principals first, and then we can touch on actual ways to market your business.
#1 -Be 100% Honest
Projections shared as fact are lies. Promises you cannot keep are lies. Exaggerated product claims are lies. Acting like a know-it-all is a lie. Saying you have the best “xyz” is a lie.
Casting a vision of what you think people want it hard work. Trying to think of ways to coax people in to buy is hard work. Making everything mysterious and seemingly complicated is hard work! Just be real.
If someone asks me how much money I make, I’m going tell them. If someone asks me how long it took me to get where I am, I’m going to tell them. If someone asks me what the difference between what I sell and what someone else sells is, I’m going to tell them and it’s not going to be a marketing ploy to put another company down.
If you’re struggling, don’t hide it. If you’ve failed, let people see that. People connect with real people who’ve gone through the same things they are going through.
In a virtual world where you can be “whatever” you want to be, stop with the approval addiction and just be authentic.
#2 -Make Personal Growth a Priority
Ego is the driver in manipulation. Ego says, “I know best. I am never wrong. It’s just the way I am…” If ego is in your heart, your motives are impure and your marketing will be self focused instead of other focused.
Motives are another huge factor; If you’re desperate to make money in your heart, THAT is what you’ll spill all over people. Good marketing is ALL ABOUT personal growth. Yes, I used the “ALL” word.
If growing your business is a desire of your heart, then you must make your first desire to be a better version of yourself. Ditch your unconscious habits, learn to be vulnerable emotionally and be honest. Every single day, you must, must, must do something toward growing yourself personally. Spend more time working on yourself than anything else and you’ll be unusually successful. And that doesn’t mean spend more time in front of the mirror putting makeup on; it means get the gigantic log out of your own eye! Take responsibility for your issues, confess your faults, learn to love people just the way they are,. Only then will you be someone that people want to follow because everyone is looking for authentic freedom.
So how does the plug into marketing your business? It’s simple:
When you hit “boost” on a social media post, use these filters to check yourself.
When you write an email asking people to buy, check yourself.
When you are closing someone face to face, make sure you’ve run your heart scan.
There are a lot of ways to market your business, from local bulletin boards to InstaGram ads to Facebook boosts… I’m not a professional in that area, so I’m not going to teach you how to those things. I am however, going to get you a couple referrals, to people who do know what they are doing if you need help!
First steps to Success has transformed our lives from the INSIDE out! We’re paying off debt, working on our marriage, and training our children instead of letting life happen aimlessly. Recently, two of my friends also attended this seminar for the first time… here’s what they have to say: “Oh my First Steps to Success! So life changing! I plan to go back in the fall & take my husband. I’ve even been talking with some of my downline about going. I’m still trying to take everything in that happened. So much break through!!! It was so GOOD! Words can’t do justice to ALL that just happened this weekend and at today’s Entrepreneur Workshop…😭😭😭💛 I’m so thankful.“
You’ve gotta go to at least one of these, friends. I’m convinced that there is something for EVERYONE. AND, Dani doesn’t even get paid to do this!!!!
She gives the profit (after the event’s expenses) to help the sick, poor, orphaned, widowed, and trafficked! GO. Spouses welcomed. Friends, family, coworkers, business owners, ministry leaders…go. The tools for personal growth are all avliable to picking up and implementing. I promise, as you genuinely work on yourself, your marketing and your business will blossom.
(My notes from Dr. Oli Wenker Workshop @ YL Convention 2017)
These are some notes that I took while attending a class this summer on Brain Health and the gut connection. It’s going to be simple bullet points for you so that I avoid putting my spin on a subject that I am not a professional on — 😉
• The brain works with a mixture of electrical and chemical signals.
• Neuro-Transmitters are made in the gut. When your gut isn’t working, your brain will be missing what it needs to function properly.
• Gut difference is what makes the most difference between people.
• You are 99% microbial – therefore, using chemicals topically or internally destroys your genetic information.
• 70-75% of you immune system sits in your gut.
• People in MOON SUITS farm many of our crops, because what they are putting on our food is SO TOXIC.
• You are exposed to at least 380 chemicals everyday. You are eating stuff everyday that is killing you and your genetic code.
• When a child is treated with 1 week of antibiotics, it increases their chance of getting Alzheimer’s by 4 times.
• Your microbial system is NOT recovered even 6 months after antibiotics, and has been shown to not be fully recovered in some people even after 10 years.
• Your hippocampus is in charge of emotions, memory, inhibitions and balance.
• You can create a new brain. It is regulated by your microbes…Change your food by removing round-up/chemicals, and eat probiotics. If you eat bad stuff, you will shrink your hippocampus.
• Exercise increases the size of your hippocampus.
• To provide more balance between male/females, use more emotional essential oils on men, and more logical essential oils on women.
• It takes 3 seconds for your brain to react to essential oils.
• Oils that stimulate the left (logical) side of your brain are: Peppermint, Lemon, Rosemary, Cloves, Cinnamon Bark, Thieves
• Oils that simulate the right (more emotional) side of your brain: Lavender, cedarwoord, StressAway, Lime, Frainkincense, Copiaba.
My personal summary: Use therapeutic grade essential oils every single day, multiple times per day, eat CLEAN, use clean supplements, and take your probiotics.
[disclaimer: this is a spiritual training]
A lot of popular marketing professionals devote their life to teaching you how to promote yourself and your brand. The clamor is everywhere, on every side; people saying they can teach you how to stand out and be successful. Does that make you feel violated?
It makes me feel violated. It makes me feel sick. It makes me feel manipulated and like I’m being asked to be manipulative in order to succeed.
Do you know why that grates against something inside of you? It’s because it literally does—it grates against Holy Spirit and is in direct violation to how God says promotion happens.
As I was listening to Tim Davis speak at Bethel Church, I was challenged to look hard and deep at what the Bible says about promotion. Whether you believe in God or not, the Bible is full of solid truth that work every single time. Here are three truths I gleaned as I read and prayed.
Truth #1 Sustained Promotion Comes from God
God’s hands are strong. The Word clearly states He lifts some up, and brings other low (Ps. 75:7). On the flip side, the hand of man is weak and fickle and will let you down. If you elevate yourself, or smooze your way to the top by getting others to lift you up, you’ll fall. Man’s hand just isn’t strong enough to keep you there. It will be hard, and it will cost you a boatload of valuable things in your life…Maybe your health, maybe your friends, maybe your family, possibly your life.
What’s the Solution? Let God lift you up in His perfect time. Spend daily time getting drenched in the Word, listen for Holy Spirit’s voice and obey without question. It’s the humble and quick to obey in the smallest ways who can be trusted with promotion.
Truth #2 Making Yourself of “no reputation”
Do you know what that means? Any idea what that looks like? Oh gosh! When I got this I finally realized why certain things felt so slimy to me!!!! This means you don’t get up a rattle off all your accomplishments and certifications. When I get up and say, “Hi my name is Kayla Howard and I have thousands of followers on Facebook because obviously I’m amazing, and I’m also certified to teach you anything you need to know about any subject in the world because I’ve taken all of them and have them all hanging on my wall, and you’ll only really be successful is you spend time with me and me alone because I’m the only person who REALLY knows…” LOL You get the picture. Yuck and double yuck!
Solution: Making yourself of no reputation is just being a person talking to a person and listening for the ways that Holy Spirit wants you to connect and bless the person in front of you. It is viewing “others as better than yourself.”
Truth #3 Humility Isn’t Making Yourself Insignificant
Your divine destiny is often written in your earliest desires. Your desires are not inherently evil. You may have been taught that anything you desire is automatically evil, since you, at your very core, are still evil. Even though you’ve been saved and given a new nature, you are still evil. Sigh. This is just plain bad theology from well meaning people. While you still have the capacity to do evil, if you’ve been saved, Jesus blood cleansed you from evil and from your evil nature. You have been given the mind of Christ, and you have access to renew your mind to think like Him! He is the giver of gifts, He is the downloader of ideas, and He knit the desires of your heart there. “As a man thinks in his heart, so he is” means you should stop thinking you’re so dang evil and start thinking like Christ! Be renewed in your mind. Be like Christ. Be encouragers. Be lovers. Give your mind positives commands that it actually understand instead of confusing it with negatives.
Ultimately, promoting yourself is a horrible idea because you’ll either have to sustain it all alone, or may even find yourself opposed and your plans continually failing. Quick obedience and faithfulness in little…Faithfulness keeping your toilets clean, budgeting wisely, using up the leftovers instead of throwing them away, exercising for better health, spending 5 focused hours on your business each week —these are the things that build your foundation, brick by brick, strong enough for God to promote you in His perfect time.
If you’re a business owner, you may be asking… “so how do I promote my business in a way that keeps people free, un-manipulated and pleases heaven?” Good question. If you’d like to have an article written on that, let me know by commenting here.
1. Essential Oils don’t always smell good. “Then what’s the point?” –you might ask—and it would be a fabulous question.
Essential oils are for plants what our blood is for us–clots our cuts, oxygenates our cells, detoxifies the body, etc… In the human body, essential oils are supportive of all the different systems of the body.
2. Not all essential oils are of equal quality. In fact, the quality of oils varies quite a lot since companies are only required to use 5% of said essential oil in each bottle to label it “100% pure.” The only way to know if your essential oil truly is pure is to have a relationship with your supplier or be the distiller yourself.
3. Essential oils smell a little different to each person, and when used topically on each person. This has to do with the fact that each of us has a slightly different chemistry. You may even find that you dislike some oils, but later grow to crave that oil. Essential oils a God Made, so are beautiful and vibrantly full of life!
4. Not all essential oils are ingestible. In fact, you should never ingest an essential oil that is not labeled for internal consumption. And you should never, ever, ever ingest and oil from a company that doesn’t grow organically, distill properly, and test rigorously.
Young Living has a line of white labeled essential oils called “Vitality” which are safe for internal consumption.
5. It takes merely 26 seconds for an essential oil to hit the bloodstream. Tests have shown oils hit the heart, liver, and thyroid in 3 seconds when inhaled; they were found in the bloodstream in 26 seconds when applied topically. Expulsion of essential oils from the body takes 3-6 hours in a normal, healthy body and 14 hours if you are unwell. According to a study by M.D. Jean Valnet, essential oils can affect every cell in the body within 20 minutes—and then are metabolized like other nutrients.
6. Every chemical in your home can be replaced with an essential oil for a happier, healthier home. It’s totally true. We use them for perfume, scrubbing toilets, freshening laundry, in goat udder washes, on our hair, in our toothpaste, for mopping the floor, and countless other uses.
7. Essential oils are really not oils. WHAT! They are the lifeblood of plants, but are not from the fatty parts of the plant like olive, coconut or almond oil. They will not feel greasy to the touch and will absorb into the skin very quickly.
8. Since essential oils are produced naturally, they cannot be patented. God “owns” the patent on essential oils. They cannot be produced in a lab because no essential oil has ever been completely analyzed…we in fact don’t understand all the ways they work. We’re only scratching the surface on these amazing gifts which have been in use since the beginning of the world.