1. Essential Oils don’t always smell good. “Then what’s the point?” –you might ask—and it would be a fabulous question.
Essential oils are for plants what our blood is for us–clots our cuts, oxygenates our cells, detoxifies the body, etc… In the human body, essential oils are supportive of all the different systems of the body.
2. Not all essential oils are of equal quality. In fact, the quality of oils varies quite a lot since companies are only required to use 5% of said essential oil in each bottle to label it “100% pure.” The only way to know if your essential oil truly is pure is to have a relationship with your supplier or be the distiller yourself.
3. Essential oils smell a little different to each person, and when used topically on each person. This has to do with the fact that each of us has a slightly different chemistry. You may even find that you dislike some oils, but later grow to crave that oil. Essential oils a God Made, so are beautiful and vibrantly full of life!
4. Not all essential oils are ingestible. In fact, you should never ingest an essential oil that is not labeled for internal consumption. And you should never, ever, ever ingest and oil from a company that doesn’t grow organically, distill properly, and test rigorously.
Young Living has a line of white labeled essential oils called “Vitality” which are safe for internal consumption.
5. It takes merely 26 seconds for an essential oil to hit the bloodstream. Tests have shown oils hit the heart, liver, and thyroid in 3 seconds when inhaled; they were found in the bloodstream in 26 seconds when applied topically. Expulsion of essential oils from the body takes 3-6 hours in a normal, healthy body and 14 hours if you are unwell. According to a study by M.D. Jean Valnet, essential oils can affect every cell in the body within 20 minutes—and then are metabolized like other nutrients.
6. Every chemical in your home can be replaced with an essential oil for a happier, healthier home. It’s totally true. We use them for perfume, scrubbing toilets, freshening laundry, in goat udder washes, on our hair, in our toothpaste, for mopping the floor, and countless other uses.
7. Essential oils are really not oils. WHAT! They are the lifeblood of plants, but are not from the fatty parts of the plant like olive, coconut or almond oil. They will not feel greasy to the touch and will absorb into the skin very quickly.
8. Since essential oils are produced naturally, they cannot be patented. God “owns” the patent on essential oils. They cannot be produced in a lab because no essential oil has ever been completely analyzed…we in fact don’t understand all the ways they work. We’re only scratching the surface on these amazing gifts which have been in use since the beginning of the world.